Undoubtedly, it’s a true fact that flowers are mute messengers and our greatest silent friends that make the environment lively and full of fragrance. Other than that, there is nothing as stunning and mesmerizing as the fresh bunch of flowers placed in a vase or an attractive bouquet. Each and every flower has its own significance and as a result having a fresh bunch of flowers as a gift from our loved ones makes our day.
As a result, when you receive these flowers from someone special, you try your best to preserve them for a longer period and long to feel the same freshness for a significant amount of time. So, in order to preserve them for a longer time, below are presented some of the best tips by flower delivery London shop.
Let us have a look over those tips:
Tip #1: When you plan to purchase the flowers from a florist shop and put them into a vase, just make sure that:
- The flowers are being well-packaged with the individual water containers, or
- The flower stems are being wrapped with the damp paper towels, or
- You could plan ahead and have a bucket of water with you
This will retain the freshness of flowers for a longer time and as soon as you return home you can arrange it attractively.
Tip #2: When shopping for different flowers, especially roses, you can gently squeeze the rose where the petals meet at the top of the stem. If it is firm, then you can go ahead for its purchase. On the contrary, if it is soft as well as squishy, then you should not buy them as they would be old and can wilt down faster. Majority of the florists opt to keep flowers in refrigerated areas or in a bucket of water while preserving them for longer periods.
Tip #3: Eliminate any kind of greenery from the bottom of the stems that is going to be submerged in the water. This removal of lower leaves will help in keeping the water clearer. Other than that, one can have a look at the stems. At some of the instances, you will also find dried or burnt out stems that need trimming. You could cut-off 1-2” of stems in a bowl of water or running water at 45° angle. This will help in preventing the extra air from going into the stems.
Tip #4: Make use of a sharp knife to get a clean cut on the stems. For thicker stems, you can opt using sharp garden shears. If you are cutting the stems in the absence of water, then just make sure that you get them in water as soon as possible after it is being cut. This is necessary so as to keep them fresh for longer time.
Tip #5: Next thing to do is to use a clean vase for placing the flowers. The vase must be clean and has been washed in hot, soapy water and must be rinsed well. This will remove almost all the microorganisms from the vase while keeping the flowers healthy. Also, fill clean water in the vase in order to thrive the flowers better way.
Thus, these were some of the most important tips that will help in preserving fresh-cut flowers for a longer time. Also, you need to keep in mind that as these flowers are being separated from its roots, they will not get enough nutrients to grow. So, make sure that you feed these flowers with appropriate nutrients to keep them fresh for longer time.
There is always a fascination with the orchid plant. With so many different varieties their beauty and elegance is so diverse. All different shapes, sizes and even scents! Yes, scents. There is even one that smells like chocolate. Perfect substitution for the waist line!
Mother Nature really put in a lot of time and focus when creating the orchid. Their delicate petals and markings differ from one variety to the other and look as if the best artists in the world got together and hand painted each one.
Taking care of an orchid can be a little tricky. There is a fair share of you out there that are orchid whisperers and have no problem getting them to bloom and flourish in all their exotic glory. The rest of us however have had our struggles… to say the least.
Phalaenopsis Orchid Plant Lavender or White
With all the feedback and research we’ve received, this is what we recommend. When it comes to watering your orchid, there are 2 methods.
- A quarter cup of water once a week.
- Place 2 ice cubes-that’s right, you are not seeing things. 2 ice cubes on top of the roots/soil and just let them melt into the plant.
Also, the best way to remember to take care of your plants is to pick a day of the week to water. This way you know when Friday comes around you know it’s time to water. And you might as well do it around cocktail hour since you’re getting the ice cubes out anyway.
One last thing, when the all the blooms fall off of your orchid plant cut the stems off about 6 inches up from the leaves and KEEP WATERING THE PLANT. The blooms can come back with light, fertilizer and some TLC. As long as your leaves are green you are still in the game!
Enjoy & Good Luck!
One of the best gifts that one can ever receive from their loved ones is a fresh bouquet of the most gorgeous flowers they love. Fresh flowers not only bring joy, but also make you as happy as fresh flowers. Furthermore, wonderful blooms can light up the atmosphere of your home.
These days, flower delivery is quite common considering that there is a lot of florist in London, delivering flowers in London and to neighbouring areas. One can also find a number of online flower shops offering amazing and fresh flowers receiving which you’ll brighten up your day and keep smiling.
If you happen to receive flowers flowed through shops that deliver flowers, how you can keep them stay for a longer time? Well, flowers are such a beautiful thing that you might want them to stay fresh and lovely for long time. You can do so by following some of the do’s and don’ts of keeping flowers:
Let us first have a look on some DON’Ts of flower keeping:
- When you received flowers from someone, don’t just place the flowers in a place without much care and thought as to what the flowers need. Otherwise, at the end you’ll have a bendy and dried-up bouquet faster that you think.
- Don’t fail to change the water in the vase where you kept your flowers, every day. Just remember that maintaining cleanliness is one of the important factors to keep flowers fresh and healthy for long.
- Don’t overlook to clean the vase with soap and water and to wash it thoroughly every time you change the water.
- Don’t forget to put plant food every time you change the water to lengthen the life of the flowers. It will also help to kill bacteria in the water and make the flowers live long.
- Don’t forget to maintain a proper environment for the flowers. Don’t keep them in direct contact with the heat.
So, these are some don’ts of flower keeping. Now, let’s find out some important DO’s that you must follow to keep your flowers stay fresh and vibrant for long:
- As soon as you receive the flowers, do place them in a vase filled with lukewarm water.
- Do keep the flowers in a large enough vase so as to allow the stems room to move.
- Do put some flower food in the vase to help revitalize your flowers in few hours. You must be aware that the delivery process of flowers especially when the flower shop is too far from your place, can stress the flowers particularly if they are too delicate.
- Do remove dry blooms if any, so that the water in the vase can be used more efficiently by the fresh flowers. The dried out petals and leaves can facilitate the bacteria to grow, which will not only harm the fresh flowers, but may also produce a foul odour in the home.
- Do ensure that water in the vase covers each stem.
- Do remember to trim the stems of flowers every time you change the water as this will help to revitalize the flower.
When you are informed that someone has sent flowers for you, it is certainly a great feeling. You can keep these wonderful feeling for long by knowing all the essential do’s and don’ts of flower keeping.
Author Bio: Ryan Holman is an experienced blogger and florist in London who sells beautiful and perfect flower arrangement in London. In the above post he is sharing some of the important points to keep the flowers fresh and healthy for long.
Hi there, it’s Ken Bolt from Brant Florist and today I thought I’d share a cool fact about the Hydrangea – it’s smart. If your garden soil is too acidic the Hydrangea flowers are vibrant blue, and if the soil is too alkali then the blooms are a vibrant pink!
If you have a hydrangea in your garden take a moment and look out the window – in an instant you’ll know if your soil is more acidic or more alkali.
By the way, you can change the colour of your flowers by adding aluminum sulphate or lime. Add aluminum sulphate to make your flowers blue, and and lime to make them pink!
Here’s a website about changing the colour of your hydrangeas.
Apart from changing colours, can you think of any other smart flower features?
Please share your comments below and have a great day,
Until next time,