Have you seen any wedding occasion without flowers? Of course not, because wedding without flowers is not possible. I mean, it looks totally apathetic. And at peak season flowers rate are too much high. Thus, bride and groom both start focusing on wedding flowers since the day the wedding date is fixed. However, flower selection can take too much time, effort and money. Thus, to make a budget and sticking to it, is necessary.
There are so many articles on favourite flowers but very few consider topic like pros and cos of wedding flowers. This article is a small way to let you know about flowers usefulness as well as their drawbacks from which you can figure out which one is the best for you and order from Vouchershops – an easy way to get fresh flowers with multiple discounts and offers. Saturate yourself by knowing your favourite flowers pros and cons.
- Calla Lilies: Generally, these flowers are known for their elegance and different colors like yellow, white and orange. Calla lilies are the best for weddings because their trumpet like appearance looks as if they are heralding the whole union. They can be used alone to create enchanting bridal party bouquets or centerpieces but they also work well while arranging with other flowers.
Pros : you won’t require any other flower to make a calla lily bouquet stand out as this can be the perfect stand alone flower.
Cons : these flowers are completely unforgiving if handled wrongly.
- Daisies: Daisies are always an excellent choice because they add simplicity to the bouquet and are available in multiple colors. They simply represent innocence and purity. They can be used for centerpieces as well as bouquets.
Pros : daisies are affordable and versatile. Plus, they can be used for both formal and informal events.
Cons : they work well with wires from inside the stem but don’t hold up well when wire wrapped.
- Hyacinths: These flowers are small in size and fragrant flowers. They are available in several colors such as purple, blue, white, yellow and pink. Their scent can be used to calm the nerves. Their small flowers can also be used to create flower tiaras and short stems can be used to make them perfect for low arrangements. They can be used as a cake flower or centerpiece too. Moreover, they can make a great hand tied bouquets.
Pros : they work well with all spring blooms such as hydrangeas.
Cons : they are spring flowers so to find them off-season may be budget breaking and difficult.
- Lily of the valley: These flowers live in the heart of flower lovers due to their natural perfume and delicate appearance. However, they are rarely used as a stand alone flower.
Pros : the addition of these small flowers to a bouquet creates a huge impact with their woody appeal and fresh fragrance.
Cons : flimsy stems can make them awkward to work with.
- Orchid: This is a tropical flower which brings an exotic yet elegant look to your bouquets. They are available in numerous range of colours and with so many varieties to select from. Orchids can be mixed with soft flowers like lilies and roses which can add interest to a bouquet or flower arrangements.
Pros : orchids add sophistication and elegance to any flower arrangement.
Cons : these flower category is temperamental, so they follow the temperature and handle instructions when making your own orchid arrangements is awe-inspiring.
At last, wedding is a big day in any bride or groom’s life and no one wants to ruin their special day by choosing unattractive flower combination. The best option is, to consult the best local florist and ask him to help you. Happy Wedding !