Represents all the love and passion in your heart
Valentine’s Day will be here in a flash. Mark Thursday February 14th
on your calendar and take advantage of these Valentine’s flower ordering tips:
- Order Valentine’s Day flowers early. Waiting until February 14th to order flowers may sink hearts. Although we try, florists can’t always accommodate last minute orders. Good hearted but last minute cupids may be out of luck. Sometimes florists run out of flowers and can’t accommodate unplanned delivery requests. Place your order early for Feb. 14 delivery.
- Roses and more! Although roses traditionally symbolize love and are a favorite for sweethearts on Valentine’s Day, be sure to select flowers that your sweetie enjoys. Other beautiful Valentine’s Day flowers include: tulips, lilies, gerbera daisies, orchids, callas, hydrangeas and carnations!
Valentine flower colors. Red is the most popular valentine color but your sweetheart may march to her own drum. Be sure to select flowers in the color that she prefers. Other popular Valentine Day color options include: pastel shades like soft yellows, peaches and warm pinks, purples, oranges, hot pinks, creamy whites and ivory, rich yellow tones and even 2013’s color of the year, emerald green!
Pleasing pastel flowers, Keepsake container
- Spring for an extra special add-on. Valentine’s flowers will pack even greater wow appeal with a little something extra. We’re thinking a cute plush teddy, a fun-loving balloon or some decadent chocolates to share.
- Have Valentine’s flowers delivered to work. Surprise your sweetheart by having Valentine’s flowers delivered to the workplace. Lots of co-workers will comment on your thoughtfulness and you’ll get brownie points at home!
Valentine’s Day flowers for everyone.
Roses send your words in the finest way
flowers make the perfect gift for sweethearts but non-sweeties deserve flowers too! Send sentiments of appreciation to grandparents, daughters, sons, dear friends or thoughtful neighbors with flowers. A lovely Valentine’s bouquet
of gerbera daisies, tulips or even a flowering plant is the perfect way to say, “I’m thinking of you on Valentine’s Day!”
Teleflora’s Be Happy Smile Mug Bouquet
Feeling cold and weary with this bone chilling winter weather? Perhaps your home is also looking a little glum since the holiday decorations and tree have been put to bed until next Christmas. No need to let the winter blues get you down though. We suggest a super simple pick-me-up…just add fresh flowers into your home!
Behavioral research has proven that the presence of flowers in the home increases happiness and enjoyment. Just think back to the last time someone gave you flowers or better yet, the last time you treated yourself to flowers. We bet a happy feeling warmed your heart at the sight of those lovely, cheery blooms. With the hum-drum of winter, now is a perfect time to lift spirits inside your home!
Brighten Your Day
Simply add a burst of beautiful fresh flowers into any space of your home and watch the room come alive. Wake-up each morning to pretty blooms on your nightstand in the bedroom. Greet guests to a showy bouquet of gorgeous lilies on the entryway console. Add cheer to the family room with some free-spirited tulips. In a snap, fresh cut flowers can instantly add style, color and a feeling of happiness and well- being to any room of the house.
Also, if you feel like a dear friend could use a January pick-me-up too, consider sending him or her our best selling ‘Be Happy Smile Mug.’ It’s easy to help friends chase away the wintertime blahs by surprising them with an unexpected gift of gorgeous flowers!
BF7330 – The FTD Enchanting Rose Bouquet
Thanks to genetic engineering and advancements in horticulture we are today gifted with over 150 varieties of rose alone, meaning that it might be somewhat challenging to pick out the best valentines flowers. It is perhaps unsurprising that the simple red rose is losing favour in the world of valentine flowers!
One popular choice for valentine flowers is to mix and match colors to send an assortment of messages.
- mixing red with white signifies unity
- mixing red with yellow suggests joviality and pleasant feelings
Other color meanings of rose-specific valentine flowers include:
- orange – suggests desire
- purple – signifies love at first sight
- blue – the unattainable, the impossible
- pink – appreciation, gratitude
- white – purity, innocence, sympathy
- black – death, farewell
- lavender – enchantment, majesty
- yellow – friendship, joy, get well
BF6462 – Madly in Love by Teleflora
When ordering valentine flowers you are no longer limited only to a local store. You can now head online and visit a florist’s website to mix and match your valentine flowers or to select an appropriate basket or arrangement for the person you love. Most florists guarantee same-day delivery to many places in the world by making the arrangements through a flower shop local to the destination, meaning that your valentine flowers will reach that destination fresh and on time.
If you have any questions about the meanings behind the color of valentine flowers, a florist would be delighted to assist you. Making the right choice and presenting the appropriate valentine flowers will help to ensure a very memorable day!